WHAT WE FUND
No angel group has invested in more aerospace and aviation startups than Space Angels Network.
Our members share a passion for aerospace. We know the industry, and we want to use our experience to help aerospace startups succeed. Within aerospace and aviation, our interests are broad. If your company uses aerospace technology, sells into an aerospace marketplace or otherwise will capture the interest of our space and aviation enthusiast members – we want to hear from you.
As investors, our members look for companies that have the potential to be very successful. Attractive investments are typically companies with experienced teams pursuing large markets with a unique product, service or business model. Many factors contribute to a successful startup. Companies most successful at attracting angel investors are the ones who do the best job of identifying and mitigating risk for the investor. The following characteristics are typical of companies that receive investments from Space Angels Network. Bear in mind that few companies have all of the items on this list:
- Strong relationship to aerospace or aviation technology, markets, or products
- Solution to a hard problem that customers are willing to pay for
- Strong understanding of the market and competition
- Management team with relevant experience and a track record of past successes
- Immediate funding needs that do not exceed $3 Million
- Credible business model that clearly articulates how the company will make money.
- Clear (and short) path to profits with minimum future investment needed
- Unique and defensible technology, process or business model
- Large market opportunity sufficient to provide investors with more than 10x returns in less than 7 years
- Patents or other IP to defend your competitive position