Space Angels Holdings, Inc.
Effective Date: May 28, 2015
Space Angels Holdings, Inc. d.b.a. Space Angels Network, Inc. (“Space Angels”, “we”, “us”, or “our”) recognizes the importance of privacy. We hold transparency in high priority and as such are providing a complete and exhaustive disclosure of all uses of information.
Information We Collect
We collect information about you directly from you, as well as automatically through your use of our Site or Services. We may also collect information about you from third parties, such as social media. We may combine automatically collected information with other information that we have collected about you.
- Information We Collect Directly From You. All visitors to our Site may browse our Site, but in order to use certain Services (e.g., the Member Portal or to receive our newsletter) we will collect certain information from you. The information we collect from you may, in the context of administering your investments or otherwise, include your name, Social Security number, driver’s license number or other identification number, contact information (including mobile phone number or address), financial account information, credit or debit card information. We will also collect any information that you voluntarily provide to us, such as demographic information (e.g., your industry), investment-related information, or other contact information (e.g., email address).
- Information We Collect Automatically. We automatically collect information such as the following about your use of our Site or Services through cookies and other technologies: domain name; browser type; device ID; operating system type; device name and model; pages or screens you view; links you click; IP address; when and the length of time you visit or use our Services; and the referring URL, or the webpage that led you to our Site.
How We Use Your Information
We use the information that we collect about you for the following purposes:
- Providing Our Services. To provide our Services to you, including to evaluate membership and investors; processing and fulfilling investments or orders; and for other customer service purposes.
- Tailoring Content. To tailor the content and information that we may send or display to you, and to otherwise personalize your experiences while using our Site or Services.
- Communicating with You. To communicate with you about your use of our Services; to respond to your inquiries; to provide you with news and newsletters, special offers, and promotions; to contact you about products or information we think may interest you; and for other marketing, advertising, and promotional purposes.
- Analyzing Use of Our Services. To better understand how users access and use our Site and Services, both on an aggregated and individualized basis; to respond to user desires and preferences; and for other research and analytical purposes.
- Complying with the Law. To comply with applicable legal obligations.
How We Disclose Your Information
We may disclose the information that we collect about you, including personal information, with the following entities:
- Space Angels Entrepreneurs or Investors. We may disclose your information to your fellow members and other entrepreneurs or investors if and when you become a member, as part of providing our services.
- Service Providers (such as our web developers and accountants, not third party marketers). We may disclose your information to our vendors, service providers, agents, or others who provide services to us.
We may also disclose the information that we collect about you, including personal information, in the following ways:
- Business Transfers. We may disclose your information to another entity if we are acquired by or merged with another company, if substantially all of our assets are transferred to another company, or as part of a bankruptcy proceeding.
- In Response to Legal Process. We may disclose your information in order to comply with the law, a judicial proceeding, subpoena, court order, or other legal process.
- Aggregate and De-Identified Information. We may disclose aggregate or de-identified information about users for marketing, advertising, research, or similar purposes.
Cookies and Other Tracking Mechanisms
Do Not Track. Our Site does not respond to Do Not Track signals, but we do not track your activities once you leave our Site. You may disable certain tracking as discussed in this section (e.g., by disabling cookies).
Clear GIFs, pixel tags and other technologies. Clear GIFs are tiny graphics with a unique identifier, similar in function to cookies, which are embedded invisibly on web pages. We or our service providers may use clear GIFs (also known as web beacons, web bugs or pixel tags), in connection with our Site to track the activities of visitors to our Site, help us manage content, and compile statistics about usage of our Site. We or our service providers may also use clear GIFs in HTML emails to our users, to help us track email response rates, identify when our emails are viewed, and track whether our emails are forwarded.
We have taken steps to help protect the information we collect about you from loss, misuse, unauthorized access, disclosure, alteration, and destruction. However, no data security measures can guarantee 100% security. You should take steps to protect against unauthorized access to your account by, among other things, choosing a robust password that nobody else knows or can easily guess and keeping your log-in and password private. We are not responsible for any lost, stolen, or compromised passwords or for any activity on your account via unauthorized password activity.
If you have questions about the privacy aspects of our Site or Services, please contact us at email@example.com.